Monday 24 February 2014

Lamentable woe (Friar's point of view)

O I certainly do hope this works
All I want is the best for them
I really want their relationship to work out
And perchance even end this painful feud
My plan was brilliant and it would have worked
How was I to know that a ghastly plague had struck the town?
How would I know that fate would somehow intervene and cause such distress?
O dastardly fate! How cruel thou art!
Leaving Romeo none the wiser as he ventured off to find his love pretending to be dead
Entombed among the dead  
So grief-stricken was he that he even took his own life
Dousing the intoxicating drugs
Next to his dear Juliet
O Juliet, Juliet! Poor, poor Juliet!
To awaken from your slumber and find your love dead is a horror I could not brave
And so she too took her life, the darling child
Plunging a dagger straight through her heart
The heart that so loved Romeo it would stop beating for him
O woe is me!
O woe to the Montagues!
O woe to the Capulets!

O woe!

No comments:

Post a Comment